Environment Marine Services
A comprehensive range of marine services from SGS, including laboratory analysis and consulting services at every major port in the world.
Why choose marine services from SGS?
We can help you:
- Comply with U.S. EPA Vessel General Permit 2013 and the Marine Labor Convention 2006
- Meet sulfur emissions regulations
- Adhere to the D2 Standard of the IMO Ballast Water Convention 2004
- Confirm that your vessels are adhering to the environmental requirements set out in the revised Marpol Annex VI regulations
A world-leading marine services provider with over 140 years’ experience
As the world leader in certification, testing, verification and inspection, we offer you over 140 years of experience working in the maritime industry. We provide the world’s fleet with an array of field services and have invented and developed a sampling device to meet the upcoming D2 Standard of the IMO Ballast Water Convention.
Our marine services include:
- Ballast water sampling and testing to D-2 Standard (including testing for bilge water, gray water and black water)
- Scrubber washwater sampling and testing to IMO MEPC.184(59)
- Potable water sampling and testing to WHO guidelines for ship sanitation
- Air emissions testing
- Compliance testing
- Assistance with the interpretation of regulation requirements
- Sampling equipment, including bottles, coolers and paperwork
- On-site sampling
- Field testing
- Sample transport to laboratories
- Analysis of compliance samples
- Reporting and data management
- Onboard stack emission testing
- Inspection and testing for indoor air quality (IAQ)
- Noise and vibration measurements
- Asbestos monitoring, testing and sampling
- Testing of solid bulk cargo residues according MARPOL V requirements
- Hygiene services and food safety
- Fuel quantity and quality services
- Lubricant condition monitoring
We also offer sampling and testing for exhaust gas cleaning systems, including:
- Continuous Emission Monitoring System (CEMS) audit, validation and calibration
- Data management and data interpretation
- Measuring NOx, SO2, CO, CO2, Oxygen, NH3, dust and flow, according to IMO revised Annex VI, CARB, US EPA and EN Methods
- On-board testing, monitoring and reporting of particulate loading, particle size distribution, and chemical analysis of particulate at the EGCS gas inlet and outlet
- On-board EGCS sound level testing, monitoring and reporting
- On-board analysis of water samples
- On-shore analysis of water and fuel oil samples
We operate in nearly every major port around the globe to help you meet regulations, comply with standards and ensure safe passage. We work with you to develop strategies that ensure sampling and testing of as many required parameters as necessary at one stop, along all major routes.
To discuss your marine services requirements, contact us today.